Friday 29th November 2019
Black Friday Weekend is here again and Road Bike Black Friday deals will be a dime a dozen. If you have coveted a road bike all year, you will want to take this opportunity to buy one. But like with all deals around this time of year, it is prudent to take time to get the best deal. That is easier said than done and that is why I bring to you some of the best deals on road bikes (updated daily all through the weekend).
- Save 28% on our “Best Pick” Schwinn Phocus 1400 and 1600 Drop Bar Road Bicycles for Men and Women
- Save 30% on our “Budget Pick” Schwinn Volare 1300 Men’s Drop Bar Road Bike, 700C Wheels Medium Frame Size
- Save 20% on Giordano Libero Acciao Road Bike
- Save up to 40% on Backcountry deals on Bike Helmets
- Save up to 20% on sponeed Cycling Clothes for Men
First things first…What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is the first Friday after Thanksgiving. From my research, I was able to find out that it goes as far back as the 1950s, although I don’t remember much about it from my years growing up. I think my parents relied on Christmas sales to get the best deals.
Today, however, Black Friday is huge. People save up money so that they can get started on Christmas gifts with mouth-watering deals that are available this time of year. They also want to get items that have so far been too expensive for them to acquire.
It has become a global phenomenon, and you will find the Black Friday stampede in Europe, Asia, South America and Africa.
When is Black Friday 2019?
The first Friday after Thanksgiving will be 29th November. However, if you wait until then to start snapping up Black Friday road bike deals you may be a little late. Many vendors start discounting their prices as early as 1st November, so if you are really keen on getting road bike deals this year you should start looking early in November.
Road Bike Black Friday Deals – FAQ
Can I get a good deal for road bike Black Friday?
Indeed, you can. Here is how it works. All year, vendors (and manufacturers too) have stock that they haven’t been able to move. If they want to make room for the coming year’s updated products, they must sell these items, and the best way to entice buyers is to offer them incredible, once-a-year deals. That’s why there are so many sales towards the end of the year – it’s good business practice to get rid of old stock so that you can bring in new items in the New Year.
So yes, bike Black Friday road bike deals can be very attractive and you will find top-quality road bicycles at highly reduced rates. This is an excellent time to upgrade your own bike, buy bikes for family and friends or stock up on road bike gear and road bike accessories for the coming year.
When are Road Bike Friday deals announced?
It depends on the vendor. There are some who get the word out early, while there are others who will wait till right before Thanksgiving to announce. My advice is to keep your ear on the ground from early November so that you can compare as many deals as possible.
Are Black Friday deals road bike deals worth it?
As I’ve mentioned, yes, they are, but that doesn’t mean that you should part with your money without giving a deal due consideration. You want a road bike from a reputable brand of sound quality and that comes with a good warranty.
How long do the deals last?
Again, this depends on what retailers choose to do. There are some who have deals running from November till the end of December or early January. It depends on how much stock they have to move, how much publicity they wish to drum up and how fast they are able to move their items. Some deals will last only hours because that’s all it takes for an item to run out.
How much discounts do you get on Black Friday?
There’s no easy answer because it depends on the vendor. Some will offer crazy deals like 70% off, but this is typically on cheaper road bikes. For something more expensive you may get 20% or 30% off. I encourage you to take your time and compare deals as you never know what you will find. Don’t forget to look at Black Friday road bike accessories and Black Friday road bike gear – you can find some very good deals in these categories.
What time do the best Black Friday deals start online?
The best Black Friday bicycle deals are usually found between mid-November and mid-December when competition between retailers is really stiff.
Why is it called Black Friday?
It was a name coined by the Philadelphia Police Department because of the huge amount of traffic and commuter chaos that the event caused in the city. There was sometimes violence with shoppers fighting for items. Someone in the department called it Black Friday and the name stuck, and is now a global affair.
Looking for a Shwinn Road Bike? read our review here
Tips for hunting Black Friday cycling deals
- The most important tip I can give you is to have a budget. You don’t want to overspend so that you have a shiny new bike but no money in your bank account. Decide what you want to buy and how much you would like to spend on it.
- Black Friday bike deals are great and you may be tempted to pick the first one that you come across, but how will you feel if a few days later you see another vendor selling the same bike for even less? My advice…don’t buy something just because you think its such a great deal. Wait to get home and do a little research as to what else is out there.
- Look at the warranty carefully. Many Black Friday bike deals come without a warranty because you are getting the bikes at a discount. You may not think about this when you are buying, but what happens a few months down the road when you need repairs? Better to spend a little bit more and get a solid warranty.
- Think about different road bike brands and which one will serve your needs best.
Look out for the best road bike Black Friday deals of the year. Happy shopping!
Black Friday Cycling Deals from Trek